Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 22:44:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "R.D. Thrush" <rd@thrush.com>
To:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi-diffs.960815.gz uploaded

>> I tried the diffs and had a system lockup.  The following 2 messages
>> were on the console:
>>
>> ahc0: WARNING no command for scb2 (cmdcmplt)
>> QOUTCNT == 0
>> ahc0: WARNING no command for scb19 (cmdcmplt)
>> QOUTCNT == 0

gibbs> You're using SCB_PAGING right?  Try turning it off and see if it happens
gibbs> again.  I think there is a bug in the SCB_PAGING code and since the new
gibbs> code is faster, it probably exacerbated the problem.  You should also
gibbs> trim down your config file.  All of those unattached devices are just
gibbs> useless kernel bloat.

  Thanks, I removed AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE from the kernel config and
have now processed several GBs of news without the forementioned
problem.  I think this lends credence to your suspicion of a bug in
the SCB_PAGING code...

  As mentioned in a separate email, the diffs seem to have resulted in
lossage of the "sps tps msps" stats as shown by iostat as well vmstat
disk stats.

comet3:home/rd 516>iostat 2
     tty          sd0           sd1           sd2           sd3          cpu
tin tout sps tps msps  sps tps msps  sps tps msps  sps tps msps  us ni sy in id
  0  737   0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0   4  2  9  2 82
  0  294   0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0    0   0  0.0   1  0  2  0 97

  Thanks again for the prompt reply to the previous report.