Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:00:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee (Narvi)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, hackers@freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 AHA1542's in one box

> Hmm.... I'm not an expert with the Adaptec cards or with the PC bus
> designs, but wasn't it so that there could be only one bus master on the
> ISA bus?

You are thinking VESA, I think.  It should work fine.  He will probably
have to lower "bus on" time in both cards, since they both will steal
DRAM refresh cycles during DMA.

He will also need to make sure that they don't share any settings, and
that his non-default setting on one card do not conflict with the
other.  Finally, he will have to disable the BIOS on one card -- probably
the B.  The ^A stuff might screw the B card badly...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.