Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 02:23:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      "kenneth.j.krumm.1" <kkrumm@purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   networking question

1.  when i try to telnet to another host often times i am disconnected
because i have the wrong terminal type (cons25).  how do i change the
terminal type under freebsd?

2.  i have two computers.  one runs freebsd and the other windows.  i have
10 base-t eithernet cards in both and they are both connected to a hub.
the hub is connected to my local network via an upload link on the hub.  i
have been assigned only one ip address by the network administrator.  is
it possible to assign the freebsd machine that address and have it be a
gateway/router to my windows machine?  so that i will be able to access
the network and the internet on both machines?  how could i do this or
something simular?

please send any information or tips you may have.  thank you for your
time.

kkrumm@purdue.edu