Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 15:10:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Rosengart <ben@skunk.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   time zone trouble with 2.2.8

Hi folks,
  I am trying to set the time zone to GMT on some 2.2.8 machines.  This
is trivial on a 3.x system (cd /usr/share/zoneinfo && tzsetup GMT), but
on 2.x, tzsetup(8) doesn't take a time zone argument.  Is there another
interface I can use?  Or is it safe to copy a -stable tzsetup(8) over
and use that?  Or for that matter a -stable copy of /etc/localtime?
Judging from a diff of the source code to tzsetup, the localtime format
hasn't changed, but I want to make sure, as these are semi-production
systems.

I await your answers with bated breath.  I'd appreciate a cc on any
replies, as I am swamped enough with -current and -stable and so I don't
read -hackers.  Thanks in advance.

--
 Ben

UNIX Systems Engineer, Skunk Group