Date:      Sun, 25 May 1997 12:33:00 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   about vic

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

Background:
Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu> is complaining about the
artifacts that vic is generating using vic's nornmal resolution.

This simple issue hits two important areas the driver and why does
H.261 require 352x288 which is probably 1/2 of PAL resolution.
To say the least I don't see why we have to be restricted to
resolutions which are evenly divisible of PAL resolution: 177x144, 352x288.

On the driver say we may be able to improve the NTSC artifacts by
way of storing frames in a round robin fashion which means that
every time that vic wants a frame it will get a valid frame and
not a frame which is currently being updated, or starting to capture
the next frame.

	Cheers,
	Amancio

------- =_aaaaaaaaaa0

Replied: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:40:54 -0700
Replied: Van Jacobson <van@ee.lbl.gov>