Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2011 16:17:29 -0800
From:      Charlie Kester <corky1951@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Should I be adding LICENSE info to my ports?

Today on FreshPorts I see some bulk commits adding LICENSE info to 40+
ports. And I've noticed LICENSE being added in many other recent commits.

But I still don't see anything in the Porter's Handbook about how
maintainers should use this infrastructure in their ports.

I thought we were waiting on the Handbook, but it seems a lot of people
are proceeding without it.  Should I do likewise?

(There are now enough examples out there that I *think* I can figure
what to do...)