Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 98 15:44:59 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        the_hermit665@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Video Card Compatitbitly

Hello,

FreeBSD in itself does not use any graphics capability, so it is
compatible with any modern card.
However, X-windows uses the graphics card, so you'd be better off reading
www.xfree86.org (which furnishes the X-win server packaged with FreeBSD).

NB : 2.2.8 will be released within november.

	TfH

> Hello;
>

>   I am interrested in FreeeBSD and will purchase the OS within this
> month.  However, it is extremely hard trying to search for "Video Card
> Compatitblity" when I see NO links for them.  I need to know if my
video
> cards are supported under FreeBSD.  I have a Number Nine Imagine 128
> (series 2) and a Matrox mystique 220.   Please give me a link to the
> "Video Card" compatitly page ro send me a list of compatble Video
Cards.