Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 22:17:37 -0400
From:      Chris Peltier <CPELTIER@iectech.com>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Dean Romaniello <dromaniello@iectech.com>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 and Merit Gated

Does anybody have any experience running gated for BGP 4
on FreeBSD? I am interested in running full Internet routing
tables and pushing several meg full duplex through a dual-homed
box. I need to route to 5 differant IPs on one local network which
map to 5 differant points on a global ATM network.
It seems the Merit gated implementation should do the job
on a Penitum Pro machine with 128Meg memory and two
10/100 Base T cards. Any comments or experiences?

Sincerely,
                        Chris Peltier

*	email: CPELTIER@IECTECH.COM
*	voice: 215-257-4917