Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 15:21:08 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Tony Sarendal <tsar@polarcap.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: polling(4) and Gigabit

At 12:49 PM 5/18/2003 +0200, Tony Sarendal wrote:
>Mike Tancsa wrote:
>>The em driver has polling support in STABLE (post 4.8R).  The limitation is
>>not so much the NIC, but the way the NIC is serviced via interrupts in non
>>polling modes.  There are some very good discussions posted already you can
>>get via Google on what you can and cant do and what you might expect
>>performance wise.
>
>OK, I checked the code in 4.8-RELEASE and only found polling in nge.

Its in *after* 4.8 Release. See
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/em/if_em.c?only_with_tag=RELENG_4
on April 4th.

         ---Mike
Mike Tancsa,                          	          tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,     			  mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada			  www.sentex.net/mike