Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:02:16 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jeremy Porter <jerry@freeside.fc.net>, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem capturing video with BT848/Haughpage Win/Tv

Jeremy Porter:
 |The save image feature doesn't work it reports "No frozen image".  The
 |freeze image button doesn't seem to matter here.

Luigi Rizzo:
 |Randall Hopper:
 |> >I suspect this is the "Bt848 driver isn't issuing frame completion
 |> >signals" problem that I'm helping Alex Nash <nash@mcs.net> with now.
 |> >Look in your -multimedia list mail for the thread labeled: "Re: Bt848:
 |> >no IRQ".
 |
 |I have been having the same problem for a long time, both on a
 |P5-133 and on a PPro200. I nailed down the problem to some too
 |restrictive test for errors on the status register of the brooktree
 |when it gets an interrupt.

Another shot-in-the-dark for you guys.  Which input are you capturing off
of:  Tuner, Video, or S-Video (mislabeled SVHS)?  (See the Input menu)

I "have" noticed in the past odd problems getting interrupts when trying to
capture off of video tape playing through the Video input.  Haven't tried
it in months though.

Randall