Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:07:59 -0700
From:      soralx@cydem.org
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quiet computer

> > mentioned cpu, but a 100x speed difference? That doesn't seem realistic
> > to me (although if those are valid results, I'd be pretty happy with
> > that)...
>
> Well, the Via Padlock has a hardware random-number generator, so the
> idea was to test that. It doesn't claim to be fast, just to be truly random

Precisely. However, speed of the crypto engine should be directly
proportional to a peak speed of the RNG, so I thought that it's
slow speed might confirm that the engine is being used, and is
simply slow.
Also, we didn't really test where are those random bits coming from :P
Is the TRNG used by default, or some tinkering's in order to make it work?

BTW... `ubench`? :)

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2