Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 1995 16:14:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kerndist.

Hi there,

I had a problem with my 3com509 that required to recompile the kernel.
The problem was already solved and I would like to thank you for helping
me.

Actually, I did not know how to do it, but I found the answer in your
Web page (How to... section 7.1: Ok, so how DO I compile my own kernel,
anyway)

I had to load ALL "srcdist" but, you mention the "kerndist" in your page.

What exactly is "kerndist" ?    I own a copy of FreeBSD 2.0 in CD-ROM and
I could not find it.  I navegate in the ftp servers looking for it and I
could not find it either...

---------------
Another question.  I read in the release notes of version 2.0.5 that
there is a driver for Sony's cd's.  Can I download it and use it with
my FreeBSD version 2.0 ?   If I can, another problem is: WHERE IS IT ?

It seemed to me that there are, in the source distribution, several files
ssys*.* containing the kernel distribution and I assume that they hold the
sony-cd driver.

My last question:  Do you happen to know where FreeBSD version 2.0.5 will
be avaliable in CD-ROM ?   According to Walnut Creek it will be released
in late June...

I thank you in advance, and I look forward to reading about you.

Eduardo.