Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:13:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill <ankzt@maine.60north.net>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        Edirol <edirol@anime.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd - ping crash

This is a very serious bug/security issue with natd, ping -r will simply
reboot freebsd if your running natd , ive seen no sign of pannic.
 A friend of mine discovered this in 2.6 release & it has since carried
over. Since I have been aware of it ive used IPFW deny ipopt rr since this
can be done over any networks to any fbsd machine using natd.