Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:37:28 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1 release sysinstall

> Howdy,
>
> We have the cmu snmp stuff it should be in the xperiment ports section and
> we also got Pohl-Koening who wrote the original tcl snmp package which the
> cmu people borrow to implement their tcl interface. So track down Pohl pull
> him by his arm and ask for his snmp package 8)
>
> BTW: a side note --- at Cisco I used Pohl's snmp package to flush out bugs
> in cisco snmp implementation . Actually we went hog wild with his package and
> implemented a mini network management platform 8)

Yeah, thought I havn't touched SNMP lately, I havn't quite changed my name
as much as Amancio seems to think to distance myself from it :-)

Querying foreign hosts with SNMP is considered bad style, and is very
unlikely to yield responses anyway.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.