Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:50:04 GMT
From:      Velko Ivanov <vivanov@ivanov-nest.com>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/118301: devel/py-setuptools easy-install.pth contents lost on upgrade clobbering ports using it

The following reply was made to PR ports/118301; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Velko Ivanov <vivanov@ivanov-nest.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/118301: devel/py-setuptools easy-install.pth contents lost
 on upgrade clobbering ports using it
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 17:05:42 +0200

 Being just bitten by this again, I see it is not fixed yet.

 A plain

 cd /usr/local/lib/pythonX.X/
 awk '\!/setuptools/ {print $0}; /setuptools/ { system("ls -ld *.egg |
 awk '"'"'{ print \"./\"$9 }'"'"'") }' easy-install.pth > temp_file
 mv temp_file easy-install.pth

 does the job, but I think the proper solution for the port would be to
 simply copy the easy-install.pth file before updating and restore it
 afterwards, because if you have installed some .egg's by some other
 means, you will be doubling their declarations by generating the file in
 this way.

 I can't expect that I will remember to copy the file next time we have
 setuptools update, so I thought - prepare yourself, save the awk script
 in the PR. Seems I remembered the place, not the details anyway.