Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:58:59 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Cc:        gummibear@we.mediaone.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: State of the union, 1999. - Concerning User Groups

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 09:25:24PM +1300, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 10 Jan 99, at 22:35, gummibear@we.mediaone.net wrote:
>
> > I totally agree here.  Users really need to get involved.  I have noticed
> > that there is a FreeBSD Webring.  I think that is one of the greatest
> > things  that has been thought of for FreeBSD Advocacy.  If you're HTML
> > savy and have something to say about FreeBSD, then by all means put your
> > HTML skills to work and let people know what you think about FreeBSD.
>
> I jumped at the chance to get involved with this webring.  But I don't
> think I'm getting much traffic from it.  A great deal of my traffic comes
> from www.freebsd.org.  Perhaps we need to promote the ring more as well.
>
> > You
> > create an online FreeBSD diary dedicated on what you did when you
> > installed, what problems you had and how you fixed them, what software
> > packages you liked the best, how did you set up your kernel, etc.
>
> WOW!  That's a really fantastic idea!  Why didn't I think of that?
>
> <tongue firmly in cheek>

	Why not write an article, however brief, for either DN or
	the FreeBSD 'zine for a start?  Or both!

	As for sharing knowledge of HowTo Do Whatever in *BSD-land,
	one goal I have in mind, and I believe that my co-authors
	will agree to this, is to eventually have HTML links to
	our Answerman column where the material is presented in
	tutorial form.

	gary