Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2012 02:38:11 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a reason that xhci isn't mentioned in NOTES in 8-stable?

On 07/19/2012 02:17, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Thursday 19 July 2012 11:14:42 Doug Barton wrote:
>> The xhci code in 8-stable works, but it's not mentioned in the NOTES
>> files in sys/conf, sys/i386/conf, or sys/amd64/conf. The module is
>> hooked up in sys/modules/usb/Makefile, and that's how I've been using it
>> so far. Is it not possible to compile this code into the kernel?
>>
>> Doug
>
> Yes, you can compile xhci into the kernel using "device xhci". Not sure who's
> responsible for updating NOTES.

That would be you. :)  (Since AFAICS you added the code.) It should
almost certainly also be in the GENERIC files for the systems to which
it applies.

In HEAD and stable/9 it's in sys/conf/NOTES, and
{amd64|i386}/conf/GENERIC; so the same should probably go for stable/8.
Not sure if the code works on stable/7 or not, but we're going to do
another release in stable/8 so it should be updated there for sure.

Doug

--

    Change is hard.