Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:38:38 -0500
From:      Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
To:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   a.out in 3.0?

Hi guys,

This question may not make any sense at all, because I don't have a very
good grasp on the underlying concepts, and if it doesn't, please excuse.

Here's the issue: I installed 3.0 on a test box recently and was also
going to test run Apache-SSL on it. SSLeay, however, would not compile.
After a while of researching the problem on that end, I realized that it
is not ELF compatible on the FreeBSD platform. So I installed 2.2.7 on
the machine and everything worked beautifully. My question now is, could
I have compiled the same code in a.out under 3.0?

Thanks as always,

Roman Katsnelson