Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:32:16 +0200
From:      FreeBSD Beni <beni.brinckman@advalvas.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing fbsd 5.1 with a cordless keyboard/mouse

Hi list,

I'm having a serious install problem. Trying to install a 5.1, clean instal=
l.=20
Booting from the cd is no problem, i'm getting in the bootmenu. Starting th=
e=20
hardware detection, no problem. But then arriving in Sysinstall, i can't us=
e=20
my keyboard any more. It's a cordless usb keyboard. So in sysinstall  there=
's=20
no way of choosing any option... If i boot into the bootpromt, i can type=20
there (taking option 6 : escape to loader prompt).
=46rom the prompt, i can "enable-module ukbd", do a "load ukbd", even "set=
=20
kbd_install_cdev=3DYES" is Ok. But then when doing a "boot" i get "ukbd mod=
ule=20
failed to register 17".
It's a cordless usb keyboard (and mouse) and there is no ps/2 plug in the=20
computer and yes, i checked the back of the computer :-)
How do i get sysinstall to see my usb keyboard ? Don't leave me stuck with=
=20
winxp, i would like my fbsd back please !
Thx !

Beni.