Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:27:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Unhappy Adobe Customer <bsd_appliance@yahoo.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSSCA?

<snip>

> It probably stems from your confusing "ex post facto" with "ipso facto"
> ("consequently" or "in and of itself") which is probably a contraction
> of "ex ipso facto" meaning "due to this very fact" or "due to the fact
> itself".

AFAIK/R, "ipso facto" means roughly "[up]on the fact itself", that is, either
"immediately", "with no delay", or "for the fact itself", "consequently",
"automatically".

As to "postfactum", both forms are recorded in my Calonghi dictionary
(Rosenberg & Sellier, 3rd ed.): postfactum, -i (normal form) and post factum.

-- Salvo

P.S. Infandum iubes Dag-Erling renovare dolorem... Olim Graece legi... pure et
Latine locutus sum, reddidi et scripsi. :-)))