Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:12:08 -0500
From:      Ray Kohler <rkohler1@cox.rr.com>
To:        "Sudirman Hassan" <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>, doug@polands.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.5-RC1 machine hung, need advice

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 11:46 pm, Sudirman Hassan wrote:

> I tried reiserfs in Mandrake and it just ent OK whenever such
> problem as reset before shutdown wihout a need for me to manually
> do fsck.. will this feature come into FreeBSD in 4.5, 4.6 or
> 5.0??

We don't have that kind of filesystem but we have the softupdates
feature for our filesystem that basically does the same thing. In
5.0 there will be a background fsck buit for now you can just
expect to have to run it but it will be fast and easy to run.

--
Ray Kohler
Philosophy will clip an angel's wings.