Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2020 11:26:02 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: RPI4 Install r357606 test 09.02.2020 failed

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 02:48:14PM -0800, Mark Millard via freebsd-arm wrote:

> If you want a build that works, use the kernel from head
> -r356767 . The next head version ( -r356776 ) is where
> the broken status starts for RPi4 and RPi3. RPi4B's with
> 4 GiBYTes of RAM fail to boot. As I understand, at least
> some forms of RPi3 boot but are messed up, such as only
> running 1 core. (Not surprising given the PSCI version
> problem which happens there as well.)

Ran into a spot of trouble on RPi3. Managed to build and
install the -r356776 kernel and run a single-user buildworld.

Unfortunately, the machine reported the "invalid pmap" panic
during installworld. Now it stalls on boot and can't find
any alternative kernels.

I'll try fsck using a 12-stable rpi2 unless somebody knows of
a better/easier approach.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska