Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:56:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Leonardo_M=2E_Ram=E9?= <martinrame@yahoo.com>
To:        Free BSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fsck_ufs running too often

Hi, since a few of days ago, I noticed my home server turns very slow more =
than once a day, so every time I run "top" to see what's processes are runn=
ing, I can see fsck_ufs at the very top, and the hard drive working like ma=
d.=0A=0AI've checked my crontab and there's nothing related to fsck_ufs, wh=
ere can I start searching for the cause of the problem?, I thought this pro=
cess should run only at boot or shutdown, but this time it is running -appa=
rently- without a cause.=0A=0Auname -a:=0AFreeBSD server.my.local 9.0-RELEA=
SE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Tue Jan =A03 07:46:30 UTC 2012 =A0 =A0 root@farr=
ell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC =A0amd64=0A=0ARegards,=0AL=
eonardo M. Ram=E9=0Ahttp://leonardorame.blogspot.com