Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:31:06 -0500
From:      Skylar Thompson <skylar@cs.earlham.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squirellmail login problem

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:44:34PM +0600, indunil wrote:
> Hey,
>=20
> I installed PHP, Couier-Imap and squirellmail for MTA sendmail under
> freeBSD 5.2.1. but when i go to squirellmail and login to it, it says
> unknown user name and password.
>=20
> What is wrong with it.=20
>=20
> Imap is also working,When I test it with telnet 198.168.0.1 143 it says
> IMAP ready=20

Can you give us the output of your mail log and web server error log while
you login? Also, try logging using a different IMAP client (like Mozilla)
to see if it works that way. Other things to check are to make sure that
you configured it all right with the ./configure script in the squirrelmail
directory after installation.

--=20
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/