Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:30:55 +0100
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.ORG>, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brad@brad-x.com
Subject:   Re: ports/39417: gtk-config and glib-config filename conventions	required?

>  Is there some pressing reason to do this other than making it look
>  cleaner?  I'm not trying to be antagonistic, just don't want to
>  introduce breakage in the nether regions of the ports tree if it's not a
>  critical thing.  Thanks.
It would be _really_ nice if that would be changed. For using programs
outside
the ports tree it's often needed that glib-config is called glib-config..
At the
moment I solve the problem with a simple symlink.. Maybe the port could do
the same?
Better, install as glib-config/gtk-config and make the *12 the symlinks..

Marc