Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 08:03:09 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, faq@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stick this in the faq/handbook ?

In message <19971007145535.48992@lemis.com>, Greg Lehey writes:

>I haven't seen an airport yet where I haven't been able to find a
>power socket.  Just make sure you have adaptor plugs if you're
>travelling internationally.
>
>> If Battery life is important make sure that you can charge the
>> batteries while they're not in the computer (very handy in planes
>>> -)
>
>JOOI, where do you recharge them in planes?

You ask the nice chief steward if the >really< need >all< thos coffe-
machines plugged in right now ? :-)  be aware that the electrical
environment is tough in a plane.  Don't do this if you psu is a
cheap piece of shit.

>> Display:
>>
>> You seem pretty determined about this one.
>
>wording?  "You should take this one seriously"?

This is because it originally was a reply to John Polstra.

>> Always make sure the hard-drive is level when it runs.  Even a 5 degree
>> slant from horizontal is deadly for the bearings.
>
>This is news to me.  Most manufacturers specify any location.  And 5°
>tolerance is almost impossible to achieve when you really have it on
>your lap.

read the specs for you laptop drives more carefully then...