Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:03:02 -0500
From:      Michael W.Holdeman <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>
To:        Matt Burke <matt@botchitt.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom Realport 10/100+56 problem

Matt,
Mine is not exactly the same card, but here is what I found to work.

 Here is what I had to do to get mine to at least configure.

 Add to /etc/sysctl.conf

 # /etc/sysctl.conf
 machdep.pccard.mem_start=oxdoooo

 I added to /etc/rc.conf

 # /etc/rc.conf
 linux_enable="Yes"
 pccard_enable="YES"
 pccard_mem="0xd0000"
 pccard_ifconfig_xe0="inet 192.168.14.8  netmask 255.255.255.0"

Should be either pccard_ifconfig OR ifconfig_xe0. pccard_ifconfig_xe0
will do nothing. pccard_ifconfig do the same ifconfig for ANY pccard
NIC while ifconfig_xe0 will apply ONLY to the first interface that
uses the xe driver.

 defaultrouter="192.168.14.1"
 hostname="chiefnb.ptfd.org

Of course your IP numbers !!
Also if you have trouble with the IP not catching because teh rc.conf goes
too fast you can add to rc.conf
pccardd_flags="-z"
That will hold rc.conf until it finishes. Once I got th epccard_ifconfig
right I didn't need it anymore.

HTH,
Mike