Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:39:06 +1030
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba SpotLight support

> On 22 Jan 2016, at 00:19, Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it> wrote:
> I've seen Samba 4.3 supports SpotLight (see =
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Spotlight).

That seems like an odd combination, but I guess Apple have an SMB =
extension perhaps?
I know there is netatalk support for Spotlight and it too uses GNOME =
tracker as its backend.
=
http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/3.1/htmldocs/configuration.html#idm1400145=
04387312

> Do we have all it needs in FreeBSD?
>=20
> Why don't we have this options in Samba port options?
> Is it just a matter of adding it manually?
>=20
> Before I start trying the hard way, has someone been there yet?
> Something exotic to expect?

I think when I looked at this I had to update and build some stuff that =
wasn't in ports and then I couldn't get it working so I gave up..

Looking again I think you would need to create a port for =
https://developer.gnome.org/libtracker-sparql/stable/

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."