Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:25:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        sameer <sameer@c2.net>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3com pcmcia etherlink question

[ Breaking the network connectors on the 3Com PCMCIA ethernet cards ]

> 	I have the C. It doesn't seem all that robust to me, having
> broken two of them already. Know of any other options for this sort of
> thing?

Be gentler on the connector.

Patient:
"Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor:
"Don't do that."

Seriously, I've had both my 3Com cards and have never had any problems
with them, and the older of the two is a year and a half old.  If you be
careful with them, they'll last a long time.  Almost *all* PCCARD with
external connectors have the same problem.  It's a simple problem with
size.  When things get that small and cheap, they are easily broken.

Nate