Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 00:13:07 +0100
From:      Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling C. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TTCP for Freebsd

> > He's probably talking about ttcp, not T/TCP. As in:
> >
> > NAME
> >        ttcp - test TCP and UDP performance
> > [...]
> > It's extremely useful.
>
> It's also extremely ugly. It has about a dozen printf format errors, a
> handful of unprototyped functions, a smattering of pointer errors and
> a valueless return from a non-void function. OTOH, I guess that's not
> too bad considering it's age.
>
> Since it's in the public domain, there's nothing to stop us from
> cleaning it up and sticking it into the tree.

Do a search for nttcp-1.3 on ftpsearch.ntnu.no and you will find a more modern
version.

>From the README:

This is README of nttcp-1.3:

This program is a much more convient version of the ttcp program.
It uses inetd (or simulates its behaviour) to start off the remote
side program which will send/receive data. Both sides measure the time
and number of bytes transfered. The local side will print the measures.
The format of the output can be specified on the commandline.