Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:39:58 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Avramidis Georgios <avramidg@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1024x768 on console

In the last episode (Jun 19), Avramidis Georgios said:
> Has anyone managed to get 1024x768 on the console?
> I have tried vidcontrol, but it won't work. Any suggestions?
> I dont't like using X, and 800x600 doesn't look good on my LCD monitor...

If you don't mind editing kernel code, take a look at /sys/dev/syscons/.
Search for code blocks wrapped by #ifdef SC_PIXEL_MODE, find things
that look like they're working with 800x600 mode, and duplicate them
so they also handle 1024x768.  send-pr the patches when you're done :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com