Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:58:50 -0500
From:      "Michael Suozzo" <michael.suozzo@telops.gte.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   I would like to install FreeBSD on my Compaq 486-DX2

I have tried a number of times to read the installation materials and
determine how I can download and install FreeBSD and have been unsuccessful.

I have a Compaq 486-DX2 with 8 meg of memory. I have two drives, a 200 meg
and a 400 meg. I do not have a CDROM attached, but I do have a modem.
The machine is loaded with Windows 3.1, but I will re-install DOD 6.22 before
trying to install FreeBSD. I don't believe my A drive can handle 1.44meg disks.
I do have another machine with a CDROM running Windows 98 and I have a copy
of Laplink.

Another option might be to partition my Windows 98 machine and load FreeBSD
in the new partition. To do this I would have to purchase a copy of Partition
Magic or System Commander, so I can partition the drive without losing the
Windows partition.

I welcome to all suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike		EMail: msuozzo@msn.com

Michael J. Suozzo
Quality Assurance Vendor Product Audit Team
michael.suozzo@telops.gte.com
Mail Code: FLTDSA3D
Phone: 813-987-1360
Fax:   813-978-6120