Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:00:00 -0500
From:      "IDG Connect" <connect@mailer.idgconnect.com>
To:        Scott Short <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   <FRIDAY>

<FRIDAY February 23, 2007>

     Each Friday, we present a short list of the hottest whitepapers, webcasts and research available. Information you can use to solve problems that crept up during the week, and to prepare for the challenges you'll face in the days ahead. We also provide links to news stories you might have missed, plus facts, quotes and other forms of brain-candy. (Hint: The fun stuff is near the bottom, so don't forget to scroll.) Have a great weekend!

Novell: The SAP Netweaver BI Accelerator
Run SAP fast. Really fast!
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/13/4362//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Epicor: The Business Benefits of Service Oriented Architecture: A Guide for Manufacturing Executives
If you make stuff for a living, it's time to take a hard look at SOA.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/46/4364//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

iAnywhere: Managed Security – The Key to a Comprehensive Mobile Security Strategy
The next time someone loses a laptop, it should be an inconvenience, not a major news story.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday020907/46/4366//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

AT&T: Convergence in Action
Sliced bread. The light bulb. Voice, data and video on a single IP network.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/46/4448//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Symantec: The Storage Management Evolution
Are you ready to change the way you manage storage in your business?
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/11/3799//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

CA: The Business Value of Identity Federation
Yes, you can push customer data from one app to another, across networks, in a secure and compliant way.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/46/3012//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Just in case you missed them the first time around...

DoubleTake Software: Recovery Made Easy: High Availability for the Masses
If your business stops when any given system goes down, it's time to consider replication and automatic failover.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/7/3958//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Tripwire: Creating a Culture of Change Management
Stomp out unplanned, unauthorized and unnecessary change within your IT shop.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/10/3599//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Caritor: Independent Software Testing
Software testing is not fun. Outsource it!
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/46/3827//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

The UpTime Institute: Data Center Energy Efficiency and Productivity
Expand the power and capacity of your data center while reducing power costs.
http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday022307/46/3984//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Visit the IDG Connect IT Knowledge Base
More whitepapers. More webcasts. More research.
http://www.idgconnect.com

Overwhelmed IT systems partly to blame for JetBlue meltdown
In the event of a "JetBlue" screen of death, your seat cushion may be used as a debugging device.
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011581&intsrc=hm_list

Star Trek Cribs
Yo, welcome to the Spock Casa!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXal1GAA4A&NR

On this day in 2006, the one billionth song was downloaded from iTunes. In 1954, the first mass vaccination against polio began in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 1893, Rudolf Diesel patented the diesel engine, and in 1455, the Gutenberg Bible was published. Happy Birthday Michael Dell (1965), Tom Bodett (1955), Brad Whitford (1952), and Peter Fonda (1940). RIP Howie Epstein (d.2003), Stan Laurel (d.1965), Carl Friedrich Gauss (d.1855) and John Quincy Adams (d.1848).

"Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do."
 - Donald Knuth

</FRIDAY>

IDG Connect is a service of IDG Communications, Inc. - the world's leading technology media and event company. IDG Communications publishes a variety of technology-specific magazines, newspapers, and web sites including CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World, and PC World. We are also a leading producer of technology-related events including LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo, and DEMO.

When you applied for, or renewed a subscription to one of our magazines or newspapers, registered as a user at one of our web-sites, subscribed to one of our email newsletters, or registered as an attendee at one of our trade shows/events, you became eligible to receive e-mail from IDG Connect. For more information, read the IDG Privacy Statement at http://www.idgconnect.com/privacypolicy/