Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:37:40 -0400
From:      "Joshua Coombs" <jcoombs@gwi.net>
To:        <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Umax C600 (6400)

>   From looking at the NetBSD model page, the C600 runs v2 of
> OpenFirmware, which doesn't work with the FreeBSD loader.
>
> It's actually a bit of work: an ELF->XCOFF converter needs to
> be written, and some OpenFirmware calls that don't work on 2 need
> to be sidestepped.
>
> I do have an old beige G3 that I might try and get working one
day.
> It even has a floppy drive :-)
>
> later,
>
> Peter.

Well, that'd explain a bunch.  So I 'spose the next question would
be if the NetBSD loader can fire up a FreeBSD kernel.  I've used
NetBSD's dosboot dos kernel loader before with FreeBSD, what are the
odds it'll work on PPC as well?  (Now I have to figure out how to
make a custom NetBSD boot floppy, and find a FreeBSD-PPC kernel
small enough.)

Joshua Coombs