Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:28:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distfiles no longer on 4.0 CDs

> I'm not sure there's any way to force the user to insert the right CD
> of a 6 CD toolkit for an arbitrary port. :)
>
> - Jordan

If the user is running a recent FreeBSD, and has a supported network
card implanted at the base of his skull, I'm sure we could do
something.  (I haven't been following the discussions on
freebsd-wetware too closely; last I heard, the bootstrap toolchain was
nearly complete.  Surely they're booting by now?)

Failing that, a greppable index of what distfile is on which CD would
be quite nice, and something I've missed on earlier CDs.

(This, of course, is where everybody in the world jumps up and says
"But it's always been there, you just needed to look it /cdrom/blah.")

==ml