Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:17:12 -0700
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   wine causing x bus error

I've been trying with no success to get a 3d game running under wine on
amd64.
Wine in general works fine, just crashes whenever any opengl/d3d stuff
happens.
It works on wine with Linux, so I know this isn't a "simple"
incompatibility.

The program launches, but as soon as it attempts to detect 3d drivers, X
terminates with (hand transcribed):
Bus Error 10: at address 0x802cf30d7

I'm running amd64 with xf86-video-ati.

I've tried running the latest package from mediafire, compiling my own
package using the patch, as well as using a i386 chroot with the
standard wine from ports. Mesagl and libdrm are installed in the chroot.

Interestingly, trying to run it over SSH on a linux system also kills X,
although with a segfault.

They all have the result above...is this related to the wine address
space issues on the wiki?

Is what I'm trying to do not possible? Or are there other steps I can try?

Matt