Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dominic Caffey <dcaffey_fl@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   bzflag under FreeBSD release 5.2.1 - can't open display - missing GLX extension...

Dear FreeBSD Newbies,

    I installed the game "bzflag" from the
packages collection under games.  The install
went fine but when I try to run "bzflag" it
complains that it can't open display 0:0 and
complains that it's missing GLX extension.  When
I installed "bzflag" shouldn't the dependencies
have been automagically resolved?  I've got
Xwindows running without problems and am using
the VESA driver.  I'm using the i386 release of
ver 5.2.1.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom