Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2019 13:29:37 -0500
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CPU Isolation

All
 I am looking to setup a 12-STABLE box in a way that is similar to a
CentOS server I am running.
That server is setup using the boot option isocpus, to remove
cores/cpus from the kernel scheduler at boot.  What I want to try on
12-STABLE is to set aside some cores to run process and some kernel
threads that will only always run on a dedicated core with out the
chance for being preempted / interrupted by something else on that
core / cpu . What I do not see is a way to  evict processes off a
running cpu post boot or a way to isolate them preboot. Am  I missing
something?

--
mark saad | nonesuch@longcount.org