Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 1997 20:16:08 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Miguel Ricardo Real Santos <miki@student.dei.uc.pt>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting Old BSD

Miguel Ricardo Real Santos wrote:
>   I have an 80286 and i'd like to know where i can find an old version od
> bsd that works on my pc. It only has 1 Mb ram memory but i think it's
> possible to install that o.s in my computer.
>   My e-mail is miki@student.dei.uc.pt
>   Regards from Miguel.

You are right out of luck with BSD - 386bsd (the precursor to FreeBSD)
only woked on 386's and better, and no-one ever worked seriously on getting
a 286 version going.

Your best bet is to get a copy of Xenix (dont ask where, you'll need
to find someone with and old copy that he could sell you) and run that.

A 286 with 1MB of ram will be so slow as to be useless for you. Even
if you could get 4MB or 8MB, you would not enjoy the experience.

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE