Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:49:57 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Micha=3F?= ." <jedrzejczak.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: i386 version in future ?

Hi,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:22:50 +0200
Micha=C5=82 . <jedrzejczak.michal@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've stupid/not stupid question to FreeBSD Foundation.
> You have plans to stop release the i386 (32bit) version of FreeBSD
> system in next releases ?
>=20
if I remember right, support for a real 80386 was dropped some years
ago. This does not mean that 32 bit support was dropped. 32 bit kernels
only require more modern hardware than a real 80386. I cannot remember
what CPU is the minimum requirement to run a 32 bit kernel.

Did you get confused of this 'news'?

Erich