Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 2000 09:16:15 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.org, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org, advocacy@OpenBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Nick "Scrooge" Petreley Bashes BSDs

On Saturday, 23 December 2000 at 15:32:26 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> Nick Petreley, editor of LinuxWorld, uses his Christmas InfoWorld
> column to bash not one but all of the BSDs.
>
> See
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/12/25/001225oppetreley.xml

Well, Brett, it's no secret that we don't exactly see eye to eye, but
this time I'm left wondering what you're talking about.  To quote:

  (To the tune of 'O Christmas Tree')

  O BSD, O BSD!
  How rarely have I heard it!
  FreeBSD, NetBSD,
  No matter how you word it!
  It's only Linux all the time,
  Yes, even though you're in your prime.
  O BSD, O BSD!
  How rarely have I heard it!

Not only would I not call that bashing, I'd call it advocacy.  Not the
most spectacular advocacy, granted, but certainly in favour.  Oh, and
he left out OpenBSD.  Before you see something sinister in that, I'd
guess that he didn't care too much, and it was difficult to fit in.

Greg