Date:      Sat, 07 Oct 1995 19:37:43 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jim Rowan <jmr@computing.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aha0: Bus dropped at unexpected time

>I've got a disk here that I can't get to work with my controller;
>almost anytime I access it I get this "bus dropped" message.  Is there
>something I can tweak to make it work?  It does work a little bit; I can get
>to the mode pages on the disk, was able to format it, (and with *lots* of
>repetitions, fdisk and disklabel it), etc.
>
>Is this related to my antique aha1540?

Could be.  The error you're reporting comes from the 1540's on board
firmware.  It doesn't seem to like that drive.  The firmware is beyond
the realm of the kernel driver, so I doubt that any tweaking on your
part can fix the problem.  You may want to contact IBM and adaptec
to make sure you have the latest revion of the firmware for both products.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM