Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:06:37 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Running Win.98 as an X App.

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 05:46 pm, Brendan Kosowski wrote:
> Is there a way to run Windows 98 as an application inside X ???

This is a fundamentally odd idea, but the answer, actually is yes.

You have to install vmware; I believe that it's $300.00 now.

There are some free software products available to do the same thing, but I
don't believe any of them are completely ready for prime time, but would be
delighted to be corrected.

HOWEVER, are you sure you really want to install Windows 98 as an
application, rather than merely running Windows 98 applitions?  The latter
can be done (to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the application)
using "wine."

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org
http://www.eff.org   <-- GOOD GUYS -->  http://www.programming-freedom.org