Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:28:52 -0800
From:      Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        bmah@acm.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exmh Stopped Using PGP

bmah@acm.org said:
>I can't think of anything recent that I did to mail/exmh2 that
>might make it break pgp5.

>(Errr...that's assuming that you installed exmh from the ports
>collection.)

Indeed I did.  PGP5 too.  And I did it once again after recovering my
backups.  Thought I'd blow away all the ports and rebuild everything I
use.  Didn't help, though it did cause Exmh to start putting commas
instead of number signs at the beginning of "deleted" message names.

This isn't the first time it has made the switch in one direction or the
other.  Exmh/nmh seems to switch back and forth between "," and "#" based
upon some digital whimsey.  Fortunately my cron-run file system clean-up
gets rid of both kinds of files after 7 days.

I guess maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and switch to GPG now.  I
was hoping to try to do some actual work first, after having installed a
new disk and restored to it, but my encrypted NASA computer security
bulletins are starting to get a bit stale.
--
M/S 258-5                    |1024-bit PGP fingerprint:|tweten@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center    | 41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59|     (650) 604-4416