Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:26:31 +0200
From:      Alex Bulygin <alex@komanda.com.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MD5 or DES?

Hi FreeBSD users!

Ive just upgraded 2.2.8-Stable to 3.2-Release. It was terrific!
More than 4 hours on Pentium 200MHz MMX, 64 MB RAM,
2x4.5 UW SCSI HDD, Iwill P55TU. And after all waiting I cant enter
into system. Ive found that default is MD5 password crypt style
in 3.2 and managed to correct situation by changing ln of ldcrypt*
Now Ive got a question.
How could I change all passwords from DES to MD5?
Should I enter passwords from the very beginning or they will be
replaced
dynamically after changing DES to MD.?
Thanks for any hints.

System Administrator,
Editors Headquarters of sports newspaper KOMANDA,
Ukraine, KYIV,
Alex Bulygin.