Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2023 17:15:35 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@catflap.org>
Cc:        guru@unixarea.de, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bouncing messages from freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org

On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 04:00:48PM +0100, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:
> Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> > I do not understand this message, especially not the number "3719"
> > (which, btw, is not a list but a number).
>
> Ignore it. It is not for you. It was sent to the list generally.
> Some misconfiguration somewhere!

No it was not sent to the whole list but only to the people whom mail server
have bounced an incoming mail.

It is not a configuration, this can happen in 2 cases:
- a change in the on your email provider which start bouncing emails (hence the
  fact we don't stop those emails)
- but most case it is due to the antispam on your provider side, when a spam
  managed to passthrough our (freebsd) antispam infrastructure.

To receive the email that has bounced:

mail freebsd-net+get-3719@freebsd.org (not that there is a good chance that it
bounces again if this was not a configuration change that has been fixed.

or read it via the archives:
https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-net/2023-August/003718.html

and raw version:
https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-net/2023-August/003718.txt

if that helps you analysing why it did bounce.

be careful of the id which is 3719 - 1 (but that is another story).

Best regards,
Bapt