Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:48:00 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba Problem

Dear FreeBSD GURUS,

I've recently been experiencing a peculiar problem with Samba and was
wondering if anyone could help.

I've had Samba configured and running on my FreeBSD 3.4 machine for a while
now and everything's been working great, well.., at least for me.

One of my co-workers would like to have access to my FreeBSD machine via
Samba but every attempt I've made at getting her the proper access has
failed.  I've deleted and recreated an account for her that matches my
account and  have included her in the smb.conf file as a valid user and
allowed host, using the SWAT utility.  I've also included her network name
and IP address in my /etc/hosts file.

She's trying to access my FreeBSD machine from WIN NT 4.0 SP6 and I've
edited her registry and added the "enable plaintext passwords" entry.

If I get on her machine, go into network neighborhood and double-click my
FreeBSD machine, I get a login prompt and I can sign on and gain access
with no problems.  However, when she try's signing on with the login name
and password I've created for her, it won't let her in.  I've even reset
her password a couple of times, using SWAT.

Could somebody help me with this problem?  I've looked through the Samba
documentation on my system and couldn't find anything that helps.

Thanks,

Joe