Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:45:52 -0500
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Wang Xin <jinstudy@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: question about translation

At 09:40 PM 3/27/02 +1200, Jonathan Chen wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 04:31:22PM +0800, Wang Xin wrote:
> > Hi Mr. Chen:
> >
> > I have looked this page before you sent me this mail. But that is what i
> > have said. Only traditional Chinese. I wish i could start translating from
> > english to simplified chinese. That doen't mean i can use a software to
> > convert in a couple of minutes, because many terminologies are different
> > between taiwan and mainland.
>
>Bring up any issues that you may have up with the freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
>mailing-list. You can do whatever you want. Just do it. Submit it, and
>if the freebsd-doc people like what you've submitted, it will go into
>the FreeBSD Documentation project. You don't need permission.

Personally, I would suggest that the original poster talk to the folks on
freebsd-doc before beginning work, as there may be other people already
involved in the translation effort. Going ahead without saying anything is
certainly possible, but it may result in a lot of unnecessary duplication
of already completed - but uncommitted - work.

freebsd-doc would be the best place to coordinate your translation work
with others, and that's definitely the best way to get things done quickly!

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM