Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:20:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Mauritz Sundell <mauritz.sundell@home.se>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI/PCI-bus issue with compaq evo n160

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 17-Dec-2003 Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
> > The solution suggested by Mauritz worked, the ACPI stuff works now.
> > This is what I have in my loader.conf
> >
> > debug.acpi.disable="lid pci_link"
> > hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
> > hw.cbb.start_memory="536870912"
>
> What if you remove the debug.acpi.disable line?
>
> Btw, you can disable the lid suspending stuff by using
>
> sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=NONE
>
> without having to disable the lid in debug.acpi.disable.

It is to late to disable the lid after init have started.
If I close the lid during the kernel boot it goes to an
hanging sleep.

The reason I may close the lid during boot is that when I
am at work I usally plug in my personal Compaq Evo to the
ethernet, starting it and closes the lid.

But nowadays when I most of the time use the suspend to disk
feature this is not an issue. But sometimes I want to do
an reboot and close the lid.

I have tried to set
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state="S0"
in device.hints and loader.conf but it does not work
(not with ="NONE" either)