Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:24:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      <janb@cs.utep.edu>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   more Newbus questions

First, I would like to thank all of you who answered my first question.
I have spent the past couple of days reading through the newbus code, and
have a couple more questions. I think I have a pretty good Idea about the
device tree by now, but I am a bit confused, as to how the interrupts are
handled.
Can someone pease explain how the data structure(s) are organized, and
used? As far as I can tell, there are several arrays, which are somehow
used together, those being intr_handler[], intr_mptr[], intr_mask[],
intr_unit[], and intr_countp[]. I find it very difficult to tell by the
source code, how these structures are initialized, and how they are used
later on.
Lastly, there are two arrays, fastintr[] and slowintr[], which also look
like some sort of table iwth interrupt handing routine pointers. What are
those for, and where is the difference between the two?

I admit, I am a bit confused, so I would greatly appreaciate, if someone
can clear the whole Newbus IRQ handling stuff for me..

Thanks,

JAn